Sunday, December 20, 2009

Johnna's Memories of Sunshine PS/PSE Action!



OK, I have to admit the images seen above are not mine!  So I was getting my Flickr fix when I came open the image I posted above. Wow, not only were the before/after stunning, but Johnna included a step-by-step tutorial! I get really excited when I see photographers sharing, so I emailed her and asked if I could make her tutorial into an action and post it up here. And she said YES!

So here it is, a new free action designed and generously donated by Johnna LaFaith, converted to an action by me! I hope you guys love Johnna's Memories of Sunshine enhancement as much I do. If you want to see what the action does, step-by-step, page down for the Action UnWrapped tutorial.

Download the free Johnna's Memories of Sunshine PS/PSE Action HERE!

Johnna's Memories of Sunshine PS/PSE Action UnWrapped!

Here is Johnna's action taken apart.

Steps
1) Add Layer, Solid Color, Orange (b76e0f) set to screen at 74% opacity.
2) Add Layer, Solid Color, Navy Blue (040747) set to exclusion at 100% opacity.
3) Add Layer, Solid Color, Brown (1e1203) set to color at 44% opacity.
4) Click on Background layer, Ctrl-J to duplicate. Set to soft light blending mode and drag on top of all of the layers. This is the Contrast Boost layer. Turn off for a hazy image, turn on and adjust opacity for added contrast.
5) The action can be run again for additional enhancements. It automatically flattens the image before running. :-)



Did I mention I LOVE this action? Thank you so much Johnna!

Do you want to download thousands of professional CoffeeShop PSE/Photoshop actions (including exclusive ones not found anywhere for free), textures/overlays, scrapbooking papers, clip art/design elements, photo storyboards and frames, and Lightroom presets from this site in one convenient zipped file AND help support this one-woman blog?

Just click here for my CoffeeShop Mega Download Pack!

27 comments:

  1. You are making my blush, you are such a sweetheart!

    I love how it looks on your photo, thank you for this!

    [hugs]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rita, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I love your actions. Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! This may be my new favorite, Rita. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a tutorial for to load actions for use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you and Johnna for this wonderful action!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just following a post on Flickr, probably in the NLCP group about this "look" and was able to make my own action for the first time similiar to this. made me very excited. Now I have to try this one too! Thanks Rita! And Johnna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this action! I can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 9 post on Dec. 21, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is WONDERFUL!!!! I had a grin a mile wide this am! Thank you Rita and Johnna!!!! It is a great Christmas gift!!!!! Bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks girls (ria and johnna)!! Love it!

    "Tea Party" next?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for "Tea Party"! Thank you Johnna and Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK... So I looked and looked for a place to "contact" you. Since I downloaded this fantastic action, I decided I would kill two birds at once by saying

    1. Thanks for the great action and...
    2. Thanks for the GREAT SITE! how wonderful you are. How talented you are! I've spent the morning downloading action after actions.

    Thank you Thank you Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woa!!!! This is a REALLY fun action! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pic on this action. i was wondering if you might consider doing an action that would do the before and after alternating like she did? Thanks for all the free actions! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much! I really like this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for the great action!

    ReplyDelete
  19. do these actions work with Elements 8.0?? thanks, i love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for this great action.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great action! Thanks for sharing. I'm fairly new at this, I am using elements 9. On step four, where it says "drag on top of all of the layers" what does this mean? I tried to drag the background copy on top of each layer, but nothing happend. I'm sorry if it is a weird question, I just wasn't sure how to carry out that step.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them them as soon as possible.
Rita