Tuesday, March 09, 2010

CoffeeShop ShadowHouse Blog Header 1!



I was really inspired by Jerry's ShadowHouse Creations Creative Layer Masks so I decided to make one of them into clipping masks and put together a little blog header. It is 1000px by 300px (make sure to resize it so it fits your blog) and it is a .psd image file (not an action!) that you open in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. Once you open it you will see the following layer pane.

You can adjust the color of the background by clicking on the Background Color Fill layer box. Please don't forget to turn off the top layer before saving your finished header. It credits Jerry and ShadowHouse Creations. :-)



Use clipping masks to add your images to the masks (if you don't know how to use them read this or this).



If you want to fill the clipping masks with color and/or text, just look at the image above for complete directions.

Thanks once again Jerry for making my "job" here easy and fun!!! ;-)

Download the CoffeeShop ShadowHouse Blog Header 1 HERE!

Do you want to download my favorite CoffeeShop PSE/Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets or Design Elements in one convenient zipped file AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures.

For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.

11 comments:

  1. I love your ever creative mind, and this tut rocks.

    Thanks for the ideas running around upstairs. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry, every time I visit you blog (which is daily) I am so inspired and wish I had so much more time to play... You did a beautiful job with these creative frames and I just had to use them.

    Thank you so much for letting people like me use your art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this!!! Can't wait to try it out! My blog is in need of a new header!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for doing all the work for me. My blog is in need of a new header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much ... both you and Jerry are awesome!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay Rita I'm losing it...! I love love love your tutorials, and I'm a long time reader. My wonderful son crashed my computer and I'm going around to resubscribe to the feeds I want, but I can't find your subscribe button. I must be blind today... HELP??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to use this in my blog but it is too big. Can someone help me by telling me how to re-size it to make it smaller???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to use this but it is too big in blogger. Can someone tell me how to re-size it?? I'm new to PS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this one! So much, that I used it for my blog header. http://adenniephotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog and I LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much!!! I wish I would have found it sooner!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them them as soon as possible.
Rita