Tuesday, May 12, 2009

CoffeeShop Glamour Glow PS/PSE Action!


I was playing around with different skin softening techniques and I hit upon a method that does a nice glamour skin softening with a soft glow. It is completely different than the skin softening in CoffeeShop PowderRoom and should not be used as a replacement for that action.

I personally feel this action is better for portraits of women where you are interested in a more glamorous skin treatment. However, if you use this modestly it is really nice in most portraits (even children and babies) as it makes their skin glow. This action also has the classic Eye Define and also a slightly different method to brighten eyes using the screen blending mode.

In this action you use a soft white low opacity brush in each layer mask to get results. I usually go overboard a bit then dial down the opacity of that layer. It is important to not overdo eye "pops" and skin softening. You usually don't want your portraits to look like space aliens. ;-)
A few more notes. You can use the Bright Eyes layer to brighten teeth, eye whites, hair, and anywhere in your image you need a bit of brightness. The Eye Define layer is great to "define" parts of your image that need some extra sharpening. It is great on urban landscapes (rust and peeling paint) or nature (tree trunks)!

I would be interested to hear your comments on which skin softening is your favorite! Remember, this action does not replace PowderRoom or Perfect Portrait, but is just an additional method for certain situations where you not only want soft smooth skin, but a subtle glow. Heck, download them all, they are FREE!

Download the free CoffeeShop Glamour Glow PS/PSE Action HERE!

Do you want to download thousands of professional CoffeeShop PSE/Photoshop actions (including exclusive ones not found anywhere for free), textures/overlays, scrapbooking papers, clip art/design elements, photo storyboards and frames, and Lightroom presets from this site in one convenient zipped file AND help support this one-woman blog?

Just click here for my CoffeeShop Mega Download Pack!

25 comments:

  1. Girl, this is awesome!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cool! I love it! I KNOW this will come in handy for my many wedding shoots that are coming up!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't begin to tell you how much time you save me!! BLESS you!
    www.portraitsbysharla.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try this one.. Thank you much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Photoshop/Gimp Resource(s) (Brush(es), Swatch/Palette, ...) post on May. 12, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always: THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 May [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 13 May [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for this awesome axn...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for another great action!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!!!

    This will be awesome with the Perfect Portrait action (which I love)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are great! Thank you so much for sharing all your hard work! I am new to Photoshop Elements and new to running actions, but you have made it a breeze. Thank you for giving me the creative ability to make my photos something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to pop in and say again how much this action is coming in handy on my bridal portraits! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks again. This action is awesome and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have edited my previous comment. I am admittedly new to actions, but have successfully been able to get others working. Even when made "visible" I am not able to see any of the layers other than the master. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am having the same problem as the previous commenter. What am I doing wrong or what did I forget to do?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excuse me,

    I have read some posts of you and in the majority I liked it there was an action to download. So far so good LOL

    But, I have no idea how to do this action work.

    There is in your blog some post where I can start read to learn how to use your blog? LOL

    All here looks precious very much!

    P.S.: I am sorry by my poor English :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got this message "could not complete gaussian blur because no pixels were selected

    ReplyDelete
  20. No Amy, I don't even know what that is!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much, a big help for portrait photographer. God bless you..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them them as soon as possible.
Rita